Imation Announces General Availability of NST4000 Hybrid Storage Solution
Purpose-built for media and entertainment and data protection workloads, the Nexsan NST4000 delivers higher levels of data storage efficiency, capacity and performance previously unavailable to mid-range enterprises
The NST4000, the latest addition to Imation’s
Nexsan NST™ family of storage solutions, will be available for
demonstrations at Imation’s VMworld Europe 2014 booth, #B107, through
the end of the show. Meanwhile, end users and resellers working in
mid-sized data centers, the media and entertainment industry and beyond
are already benefitting from the NST4000’s high levels of efficiency,
capacity and performance through an
“As a business operating in media and entertainment, performance is huge
for us – and the NST4000 has been outstanding in our environment,” said
“Imation’s Nexsan NST4000 adds a significant capability for mid-market
The NST4000 delivers genuine, efficient hybrid storage with tremendous efficiency and processing power using the latest high-performance technologies as well as the flexibility to meet the needs of organizations that continue to rapidly add new applications to their environments. With an intelligent hybrid caching layer, the choice of Fibre Channel or iSCSI connectivity and new levels of capacity and performance, NST4000 is especially well-suited for mid-sized data centers, mixed application workloads, data protection strategies and media and entertainment industry workflows.
Specifically, NST4000 offers significant new user benefits, including:
- Fibre Channel Support – NST4000 expands the Nexsan NST family’s unified block and file sharing capabilities by adding Fibre Channel connectivity for those mid-range enterprises that prefer it for their applications. This gives organizations the ability to take advantage of the benefits of NST’s hybrid storage using a full range of unified storage protocols, including iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, FTP and now Fibre Channel.
- Higher Capacity Scalability – A single NST4000 array can non-disruptively scale to 2.1PB. This represents 50 percent more storage capacity scale and 45 percent more FASTier™ cache scale than preceding NST arrays could offer, delivering much more flexibility to IT administrators.
- Increased Performance – The NST4000 can deliver three times as many IOPs as preceding NST storage solutions. This is accomplished by combining optimizations in NestOS 3.1 with Imation’s fault-tolerant FASTier™ DRAM caching technology, solid-state disks (SSDs) and the latest processor technology.
- Enhanced Data Reduction – The NST4000 delivers faster and smarter inline compression. Compressible data can be processed 50 percent faster than with preceding NST arrays, and intelligence removes the penalty of trying to act upon noncompressible data.
Imation’s Nexsan NST™ is a set of flexible hybrid storage appliances that scale to meet mid-sized organization application and storage needs with unified NAS and SAN access capabilities in a single solution. NST combines high performance, high capacity and Imation’s innovative FASTier™ caching technology to provide scaling performance for backup, virtualized environments and mixed application workloads. FASTier is NST’s hybrid caching layer that combines intelligent algorithms with high-performance DRAM and SSD technologies to grow performance cost-effectively when it is required. NST enables businesses to right size their initial acquisition and increase performance as their applications demand it. Also, NST’s data compression capabilities reduce storage system footprint in the data center and improve write efficiencies and performance to SSDs and HDDs.
The NST family is just one part of Imation’s deep Nexsan portfolio of purpose-built storage solutions, enabling users to deploy the right storage products for the right application. The other Nexsan product lines are:
- Imation’s Nexsan E-Series™ is a family of high-density, high-performance and highly reliable storage solutions that can be directly attached or networked to workstations and servers.
- Imation’s Nexsan Assureon™ is a set of secure storage solutions that reduce storage cost by offloading and deduplicating data from primary storage that is infrequently used or has aged by policy.
For more information on Imation’s Nexsan storage solutions, visit www.imation.com/nexsan.
Follow @Nexsan on Twitter.
For Imation Corp.
Jason Sprenger, 612-327-1886